VACANCY – Finance & Administration Officer – REDD+II
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a government-owned corporation with international operations. We implement commissions for the German federal government and other national and international, public and private sector clients. GIZ operates in more than 130 countries worldwide and employs approximately 200,000 staff members worldwide.
GIZ REDD+-Forest Conservation in Pacific Island Countries II (REDD+II) is looking for a highly motivated candidate for the following position to be based at the SPC/GIZ REDD+ Programme, Narere Office under the responsibility of the Project Director of REDD+ II Project.
Finance & Administration Officer – REDD+II Click to Download Vacancy
The Incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Efficient execution of all administrative processes, delegated financial operations for the Project based in Pacific Island Countries and to be in line with the rules and regulations of GIZ.
- Service orientation of the GIZ Office towards project, HQ, expatriates, visitors, etc
- Performs all accounting and administrative related tasks in the Project.
- Supports the technical staff in the compilation of financial and supporting documents of acquittals.
- Monitors the Project bank account and performs regular account reconciliations.
- Monitor logbook for Project vehicle; ensure timely preparation of log sheet summary and regular spot checks carried out.
- Undertakes financial settlement and verification of expenditures from field trips, trainings, financing agreements, local subsidy contracts and consultancy contracts.
- Assists with preparation for Internal Controls and Audits as well as with post audit documentation.
- Monitors accounting process, performs financial administration and provides support to budget preparation.
- Undertakes follow-ups to ensure monthly error sheets raised by PAU-Suva for assigned countries are responded to by staff responsible and comments on status of findings are updated.
- Provides support and training to finance field staffs of assigned countries and programmes required.
- Performs any other task as requested by management as and when required.
Experiences & Qualification:
- University Degree or formal Professional Diploma in relevant field: Accounting, Management or Business Administration, Office Management.
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in a similar position.
Desired experience: Hands on experience in secretarial or executive assistance role is desirable.
Experience with an international working environment.
The following attributes will be desirable:
- Excellent office administration and organizational skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- High level of integrity, credibility and confidentiality.
- Excellent command of MS-Office as well as experience with Accounting software packages.
- Excellent communication skills.
Remuneration package to commensurate with qualifications and experience
To source full Terms of Reference of the role, please email: Ms. Salote Dau
All applications including achievement oriented CV with details of 3 referees and accompanying documents should be sent by email to Ms. Salote Dau, HR Officer on [email protected] or by post/ hand delivered no later than 4.00pm Friday 12th July, 2019 addressed to:
VACANCY- Finance & Administration Officer- REDD+ II
Level 3, Module 2, Plaza One, Down Town Boulevard, 33 Ellery Street, Suva
P.O.Box 14041, Suva.