VACANCY: Portfolio Manager
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German
Government-owned enterprise with international operations. We implement commissions for the
government and other national and
international, public and private sector
clients. GIZ operates in more than 130 countries worldwide and employs approximately 200,000 staff members worldwide.
GIZ Pacific Island Region is looking for a highly motivated candidate for the following position to be based at GIZ Office Suva.
The Portfolio Manager functions as a support officer to the Director Programmes, Pacific Islands in aligning GIZ portfolio with the partner development strategies. The incumbent will be responsible for providing coordination support to the GIZ Pacific management team, ensuring quality of commission management and aligning GIZ’s portfolio with the partner development strategies.
In this context, the incumbent fulfils the following tasks:
- Provide support to the yearly regional planning and reporting process and ensures the application of the appropriate instruments / forms documentation
- Support the identification of required development measures with partners, preparation of policy recommendations and support the development of a tailored strategic approach
- Support the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the project/programme’s area of activity on national and regional level
- Ensure proper cooperation with partners, and other institutions, documentation as well as provision of the resulting knowledge to the partner and commissioning party
- Provide support to the Director Programmes Pacific Islands and GIZ Team Leaders in the Management Team on further developing region-specific development concepts and project/programme implementation concepts
- Provide support with networking and communication of the German contribution at the political and implementation level
- Facilitate the preparation of appropriate inputs for reports including annual country reports and evaluation reports, and contributes to the efficient communication with the GIZ Head Office, other donors or partners
- Perform any other tasks at request of supervisor/s.
Experiences & Qualification
- Master of Science or Master of Arts or University Degree in an area related to the Quality/Portfolio management, with a focus on fields relevant for the development cooperation in the Pacific region: climate change, marine sciences, agriculture, political (development) science
- At least two years intensive and professional experience in a related field and position and proven track record of management experience
- Preferably experience in working with regional institutions and / or NGOs
- Desired: familiarity with specific topics of the current GIZ programmes such as NDCs, resilience and climate change, sustainable management of the environment
The following skills will be desirable
- Ability to manage complex tasks in a dynamic setting
- Willingness to achieve an excellent understanding of GIZ and the principles of German Development Cooperation
- Imperative is the conviction that GIZ’s actions will and must change lives and the environment for the better and wanting to be part of that process
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed
Remuneration package to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To source full Terms of Reference of the role, please email: Ms. Salote Dau
All applications including achievement oriented CV with details of three referees and accompanying documents should be sent by email to Ms. Salote Dau, HR Officer on [email protected] or by post/ hand delivered no later than 4.00p.m Friday 6th September 2019 addressedto:
VACANCY – Portfolio Manager – CCCPIR
Level 3, Module 2, Plaza One, Down Town Boulevard, 33 Ellery Street, Suva
P.O.Box 14041, Suva.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer.