VACANCY: Project Officer – Human Mobility in the Context of Climate Change (HMCCC)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German Government-owned corporation with international operations. We implement commissions for the German federal government and other national and international, public and private-sector clients. We further political, economic, ecological and social development worldwide and improve people’s living conditions. We provide services that support complex development and reform processes. GIZ operates in more than 130 countries worldwide and employs approximately 200,000 staff members worldwide.
GIZ is looking for a highly motivated candidate for the following position to be based at GIZ Office in Suva.
The Project Officer will provide administrative and technical support in order to assure efficient execution of all activities under the Human mobility in the context of climate change Pacific component.
• Provide support with the efficient execution of all administrative processes with special focus on the timely delivery of work plans, baseline documents, feasibility studies and assessments.
• Assist with the preparation, organisation and facilitation of meetings, workshops, and seminars as well as other events and assure documentation (including collection of relevant information, distribution, communication with invitees, etc.)
• Provide support to the HMCCC Technical Advisor and other HMCCC team members with logistical arrangements where required, such as organizing visits of project staff and consultants and coordinating activities related to procurement of the supplies and services needed to implement the project;
• Provide support to the preparation of information papers, activity reports, presentation material, awareness-raising material, website material, press releases and other public relation products relating to ACSE activities;
• Assist to assure the proper functioning and updating of the Monitoring & Evaluation of the programme
• Assist in managing workshop budgets, supporting required payments and preparing acquittals where required
• Perform other duties as required
Experiences & Qualification
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. management / environmental / applied sciences / resource management or economics)
• Prior work experience with international development projects especially with Climate Change Induced Human Displacement will be an advantage
• Desired: analytical and problem-solving skills, preferably in a sector of direct relevance to Loss & Damage and/or Human Mobility in the Context of Climate Change
The following skills will be desirable
- Ability to manage complex tasks in a dynamic setting
- Willingness to achieve an excellent understanding of GIZ and the principles of German Development Cooperation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Remuneration package to commensurate with qualifications and experience
To source full Terms of Reference of the role, please email: Ms. Salote Dau
All applications including achievement oriented CV with details of 3 referees and accompanying documents should be sent by email to Ms. Salote Dau, HR Officer on [email protected] or by post/ hand delivered no later than 4.00p.m Friday 09th August, 2019 addressed to:
VACANCY – Project Officer- HMCCC
Level 3, Module 2, Plaza One, Down Town Boulevard, 33 Ellery Street, Suva
P.O.Box 14041, Suva.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer