VACANCY – Regional Pacific NDC Hub Coordinator
GIZ – Regional Pacific Nationally Determined Contributions Hub (NDC Hub) is looking for a highly motivated candidate for the following position to be located at the Pacific Community (SPC) Office in Suva.
Regional Pacific NDC Hub Coordinator Implementation Unit
The incumbent will have the overall coordination role for the planning, day-to-day management,
implementation, budgeting, monitoring and reporting of the Regional Pacific NDC Hub activities.
The NDC Hub Coordinator will:
- Provide support in the overall day to day management of the NDC Hub activities, finances and staff of the Hub Implementation Unit ensuring the outputs of the Hub are delivered;
- Provide support to developing and maintaining internal procedures for the management and
operations of the Hub ensuring compliance with Hub partner processes as relevant;
- Be the overall focal point for PICs, partners and other stakeholders and in addition will provide
technical, financial reporting to the Hub’s Steering Committee and donors.
- Ensures all Hub activities seek to drive low-carbon, resilient development and minimise
environmental impacts and emissions aligned to national and regional priorities.
- Coordinate the monthly Hub Coordination Group meetings and quarterly Steering Committee
Meetings with assisting in sending out meeting notification, agenda development and relevant
updates as required;
- To develop and maintain the overall monitoring and evaluation system and feedback processes
for Hub effectiveness and suggests adjustments to the implementation strategy, as appropriate;
- Ensure a timely report to the Hub Coordination Group for submitting to regional meetings as
required including the Pacific Resilience Partnership (PRP) Taskforce, SPC CRGA, SPREP
Meeting/Executive Board and GIZ, GGGI and NDCP meetings;
Experiences & Qualification
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. management / engineering,
environmental / applied sciences / resource management /climate change / geography / law / public
policy or economics);
- At least 8 years in a senior advisory role with at least 5 years’ experience within Pacific Island region;
- At least 5 years management responsibility, preferably of a multi-partner, multi-country programme;
- Desired experience: familiarity with the UNFCCC process and procedures, in particular, the Paris
Agreement, and of NDCs with strong technical advisory, analytical and problem solving skills in relation to climate change, preferably in a sector of direct relevance to NDCs (climate change mitigation and adaptation), including adaptation;
The following skills will be desirable
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills in English; and
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates from the Pacific Island Countries will be preferred
Remuneration package to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To source full Terms of Reference of the role, please email: Ms. Salote Dau
All applications including achievement oriented CV with details of 3 referees and accompanying documents should be sent by email to Ms. Salote Dau, HR Officer on [email protected] or by post/ hand delivered no later than 4.00p.m 21st June 2019 addressed to:
VACANCY – NDC Hub Coordinator Implementation Unit
Level 3, Module 2, Plaza One, Down Town Boulevard, 33 Ellery Street, Suva
P.O.Box 14041, Suva.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer